The results are in. Family court is usually the last place you want to be when you are getting separated or divorced.
Most spouses find family court very frustrating, emotionally-draining, and expensive. However, when your spouse continues to take unreasonable positions on the key issues in your family law case, you might not have any choice but to go to family court.
Here are a few main points you should remember about family court:
- You have to know your family law rights in Ontario on the critical issues of child custody and access, child support, spousal support and property issues.
- You must have excellent court documents about your family law case. Family court judges are very busy so that they get most of their knowledge about your case from your written court documents. You must take the time to make sure you have carefully-drafted court documents that fully explain your goals in your case and set out why you should get what you are seeking based on Ontario family law.
- You must know your deadlines for serving your court documents on your former spouse and filing them in your local family court office. It’s very important that you know the court rules and procedures so that you don’t run into any problems in your family law case.
- You must be prepared for a series of court appearances throughout the family court process, called a case conference, settlement conference, and a trial management conference, in which you discuss your family law issues with a judge.
- You must know how to prepare for a trial when you don’t settle your family law issues in court. A judge will decide your family issues, including child custody and access, child support, spousal support, and your property issues, when you have not reached a settlement with your former spouse.
- The judge cannot give you legal advice about your family law case.
- You should always be focussed on reaching a reasonable settlement with your former spouse.
Obviously you can see how the family court process can easily overwhelm most people. How can you possibly handle the family court process without the help of an experienced family law and divorce lawyer?
I don’t have to tell you that you’ll probably have a much more difficult time in family court and get less desirable results than if you have a field-proven family lawyer working for you in family court.
Durham Region-Pickering Family Law and Divorce Lawyer
Think of how you’ll feel when you have veteran Pickering family law and divorce lawyer Thomas O’Malley handling your case in family court.
And that’s just the beginning. You’re more likely to reach a reasonable settlement more quickly that protects your family law rights when you use Thomas O’Malley to help solve your family and divorce legal issues.
You’ll never have to take chances with a seasoned legal professional like Mr. O’Malley looking out for your family law rights. He guides you every step of the way.
A word of caution: The sooner you use Thomas O’Malley to protect your legal rights in family court, the sooner he can help you reach a good settlement with your former spouse which ends your family court case once and for all.
Call him now at (905) 434-8837(905) 434-8837 so that he can start helping you protect your legal rights in family court. Don’t waste another moment!