Your Separation and Divorce Battle Plan: Your Key To Victory in Your Family Law Case!
When you are getting separated or divorced, you are facing many emotional and difficult situations.
These situations range from an absolute nightmare when you are on the receiving end of the bad news that your spouse is leaving to just a difficult time dealing with your spouse when you tell them you are leaving.
Regardless of the situation, your separation or divorce will only get worse when you don’t have a solid battle plan for your separation or divorce.
When you create a solid battle plan, you can make right decisions for your situation to protect your family law rights.
You should see what happened to Sam!
When Sam’s wife, Sandra, left him, he was totally lost. He was devastated by the loss of his wife and kids. He wandered around for days in an absolute haze. He didn’t even know how didn’t get fired at work.
He had no idea how to handle this situation. A few weeks after Sandra left, Sam’s friend, Larry, dropped off some camping gear he had borrowed from Sam. He saw that Sam looked lost. He asked him what was wrong. Sam told Larry about his wife taking off on him with the kids.
Sam then remembered that Larry was in the exact same situation only a few years earlier. However, Larry seem to cruise through his separation and divorce without skipping a beat.
What made the difference? Larry had created an effective battle plan to win in his separation and divorce.
Now it’s your turn to get an effective battle plan so that you win in your separation or divorce!
Remember your battle plan is really a strategic plan to help you get the best outcome in your separation or divorce.
The reality of a separation or divorce-whether very friendly or very difficult-is that you need a plan.
You need to consider these critical elements in your separation/divorce battle plan:
- Get your spouse out of the house or find new living arrangements for yourself.
- Carefully assess your financial situation.
- Clarify temporary living arrangements for your children.
- Make sure the mortgage gets paid even when your spouse controls the money.
- Protect your business from your spouse and their claims.
- Prevent spouse from cleaning out joint bank accounts and assets.
- Determine what assets you have and which of them are subject to claims from your spouse and to what extent.
- Decide whether it’s better to negotiate a separation agreement with your spouse or go to family court.
- Determine whether you want sole or joint custody of your children or the issue of parenting time for your children.
- Determine whether you are entitled to get child support or whether you have to pay child support.
- Determine whether you have to pay spousal support or you can receive spousal support.
- Determine whether any issues can be settled.
- Determine what position your spouse will take on these issues.
- Get full financial disclosure from your spouse.
- Determine when you should make a proposal to settle even when you go to family court.
STOP and imagine how much easier your separation and divorce will be when you have experienced family lawyer creating and implementing your separation or divorce battle plan for you.
Looks pretty good, doesn’t it?
When you come to your initial strategy session, you’ll get the key elements for creating your separation or divorce battle plan.
Call me at 905-434-8837 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your initial strategy sessions.
It’s the only way to go!